Conservation Reserve Program- CRP
Provides rental payments to producers who plant sensitive lands (such as Highly Erodible Land) to long-term cover. Cover options include trees; cool season grasses; and warm season grasses. Cost share for establishing conservation cover is 50%. The Farm Service Agency will announce the general CRP sign-up in early spring 2003. More information will be available at that time.
- The process for Conservation Reserve Program begins in the Farm Service Agency (FSA) office, with Kathy Lynott.
- The CRP-2 form will then be sent to our office (Butler SWCD) for review.
- After we review the CRP-2, we will contact you to set up an appointment with you and the operator to discuss the proposed waterways and look at the site to see if it is eligible for the Conservation Reserve Program.
If the site is eligible, the process will continue. If the site is Ineligible, then we will discuss ways that we can try to get other cost share assistance for the problem.
- We will then do a site visit, set up a time to flag and survey the property, and design the waterways. Approx. 2 weeks will be needed for this design process.
- Once the design is completed, we will contact you and set up a time to meet with you, the operator and if available, the contractor. At that time, we will go over the designs, contract, conservation plan and anything else that needs to be discussed.
- You are responsible for providing your own contractor to build the waterways. We have a contractors list available in our office if you need one. At this time, we will also discuss when the proposed construction will take place.
• The first step is to fill out a CRP-2 form.
• Kathy will also have you mark on an aerial photo where the proposed waterways are.
We will be available for any questions or assistance to you or the contractor at any time during the construction process.
- After the project is completed, we will do a construction check to make sure the project was completed correctly.
- If there are no problems with the construction check, you will then be permitted to turn your bills into Kathy Lynott in the FSA office. You will have to call Kathy at 513-887-3727 to set up an appointment.
The waterways will be under contract for 10 years. During those 10 years if you have a problem with your waterways, such as a newly formed gully due to Mother Nature, or other related problems, then you are eligible for cost share assistance to repair the problem.