Poster Contest: Soil to Spoon
Do you enjoy art? If so, enter our poster contest with the Theme Soil to Spoon. The rules and entry info are available on our Poster Contest Page. This contest is open to K-12 students in Butler County, Ohio. If you live elsewhere in Ohio, contact your SWCD office to find out if they are holding the contest.
Did you know....?
- There is about the same amount of water on Earth now as there was millions of years ago.
How Can You Help the Earth?
- Turn off the tap in your bathroom while you brush your teeth.
Fun Stuff: Here are some games and activities
- Dirt or Soil? Soil or Dirt?
- Wilbur The Soil Wizard: Soil Biological Communities Fun facts, games, and lots of information about soil.
- Join Badger and his students to learn more about the soil. This site has areas for different ages, case studies, activities, and resources for teachers and parents
- Go on a Soil Safari in this great game from Discovery.
- What's your soil IQ? Try this and more games.
- Dig It! The Secrets of Soil from the Smithsonian has facts, experiments, and links to other great soil sites
- Meet Claude, a small clod of soil in this fun interactive site
- The Dirt on Soil
- NRCS Fun Agriculture education (pdf activity sheet)
- The Earth's Soil from Kids Geo
- Fossils: What are they? And, how are they made? From How Stuff Works
- Fossil Park- If you live here in Butler County, just down the road in Sharonville is Trammel Fossil Park. In this great park where you are allowed to climb the hillside and look for fossils. Please remember that you are not allowed to dig, but you are allowed to collect some samples to take with you. The Fossil Park is named after the family who donated the 10 acres to the City of Sharonville, the R.L. Trammel Family. This generous donation was made in the spirit that Sharonville would develop it into a place where schools and avid fossil hunters could come and explore for all time to come.
- Fossils from the Learning Zone
- Fossil Facts from Science Kids
- OneGeology, the great site has lots of great interactive info.
- Dynamic Earth from the Smithsonian Museum
- Geology and Geography for Kids
- Geology of the United States
- Learn about Rocks and Minerals from the USGS
Environmental Kids Club from the EPA
Drinking and Ground Water Kid's Stuff with sections with activites and information for different ages along with resources for teachers
USGS Water Science for Schools has information, pictures, actrivities and more
Water Sense for kids from the EPA on how to save water, also has a game andinfo for teachers
Kids Playhouse about pollution from your neighborhood
Discover Water interactive kids site from Project WET
Morphie's Great Water Ride Adventure story from Environmenat Canada
- Groundwater Foundation's Kids Corner has experiments, information, coloring sheets and much more
- MooMilk A fun and educational website about cows and milk with facts, contests, games and recipes. Join the herd!
- So you want to know about Bats? Facts about bats and bat conservation from the Organization for Bat Conservation
- Wildlife games at this BBC website
- Wild Kids from Ohio's Division of Wildlife
- A-Z Species Guide from ODNR Division of Widlife
- Top 1- Invasive plants in Ohio
- Just for Kids has The Great Plant Escape, The Secret Life of Trees and much more
- Biology for Kids has info about plants and animals and even other science topics
- DragonflyTV Games, experiments, and activites from DragonflyTV
- Science Made Easy Get fun science projects & great experiments using household materials.
- Do Science This weird and wacky page has experiments for you to try if you ever go eat in a restaurant to pass away the time before your food finally arrives!
- The Science Club has hundreds of experiments for you to try, ranging from simple to difficult, with lots of ideas for science projects. Check out how to make your own DistgustoScope!
- Science Clips from the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) has different activities for different ages, can you find something for you.
- Lots of games at the National Geographic site