Butler SWCD has many publications on soil and water issues, some of which we have created and others we have linked to.
The Butler Blitz: Quarterly Newsletter
Thank you to our Newsletter Sponsors
To find out more about our newsletter sponsors or how to become a sponsor yourself, please visit our sponsor page.
Past Editions (pdf)
Accent on Conservation: For educators
The conservation news is now emailed out to teachers in Butler County through their school district offices or through the principals. If you would like to get added to the email list, please contact us by email.
Ag News: For landowners and operators
- Who is the Butler SWCD?
- Homeowners' Conservation Guide: Book that provides homeowners with information about household hazardous wastes, composting, gardening, water use and a variety of other property-related topics.
- Solution to Storm Water Pollution: A guide to healthy habits for clean water.
- After the Storm: Stormwater runoff, its effects on the environment, and what you can do to help.
- Drainage: Property owners responsibilities for proper storm water improvements,and which public agencies are involved.
- Where Does Your Water Go? Which watershed (drainage area) do you live in? And, what happens to your rainwater?
- A Resident's Guide to Protecting the Upper Mill Creek This publication provides tips on how you can protect your local creeks and rivers. The information is not all specific to the Upper Mill Creek.
- Composting is Easy!